Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Did you know that the Women’s Health Physiotherapy team at Chelsea and Westminster accept referrals direct from GPs?
This is an excellent way to ensure your patients receive quick access to conservative management for urogynaecology problems, colorectal conditions and pregnancy-related problems.
You can refer patients with:
- Pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain
- Postnatal urinary incontinence
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Overactive bladder
- Sexual dysfunction
- Defaecation difficulties
- Chronic pelvic pain including Vulvodynia
Services we offer:
- Full assessment by a specialist Women’s Health physiotherapist
- Individualised exercise programme including pelvic floor re-education
- Exercise classes: antenatal Pilates, antenatal hydrotherapy, postnatal Pilates
- Bladder retraining
- Self management techniques and manual therapy techniques
- Biofeedback for pelvic floor re education and defaecation
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Rectal irrigation
Patients requiring urgent referral can be seen within 7 days, routine appointments are available within 3 weeks. Patients can be referred using these forms:
Once a patient is discharged from the service an electronic discharge letter (if used by your practice) which includes outcomes of treatment and recommendations is sent.